As the year draws to a close we would like to take the opportunity to thank our clients, staff and friends for your continued support and wish you all the best for the festive season and the New Year!
2018 has been a positive and busy year at Axolotl with two new products launched, Cement Paint and our new Terrazzo surface - a world first at only 0.5mm thick.
Some of our highlights of the year include the completion of a number of exciting projects such as:
- The award winning The Collectionist Hotel where leading artists and designers including The World is Round, Amber Road and Willis Sheargold created a riot of colour and eclectic design across 39 unique rooms with the use of the Axolotl Paints Metta, Chroma and Micaceous ranges.
- The Pacific Club Bondi by Dreamtime Australia Axolotl Timber Wash & Chroma throughout the whitewashed interior.
- The Glasshouse by Nina Maya, with bronze entry door, rear garage door, vanities and Axolotl Paints throughout.
- Works on prestigious hotels including the Shangri-la Cairns, W Hotel Brisbane and Pan Pacific Melbourne.
- Material support to Amber Road for their exhibit in the 2018 Rigg Design Prize.
- Beautiful artworks for The ACT Law Courts, the Coroners Court, Harbord Diggers and Waverley Mall with artist Jade Oakley.
- The Banksia fire-pit artwork for Barangaroo’s Naidoc week celebration with artist Bibi Barba.
- Marcus Piper ‘Fracture’ artworks for the New York Affordable Art Show.
Axolotl also sponsored a number of events this year including the IDEA awards for the ninth year, the Good Design awards, Habitus House of The Year, and GZ Design Week in Hong Kong.
We were a Supporting Partner of Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi for a second year sponsoring four exhibiting artists, we sponsored Matthew Sheargold’s exhibition ‘Hyperkulturemia’ where Axolotl Paint was used in every artwork, the UTS DAB graduation showcase, and UTS fashion honours student Agnes Choi’s ‘Triumph in the Skies’ piece from her honours collection which was also the winner of the Swarovski crystal sponsorship.
To top it all off this year Axolotl was also awarded the Leading Architectural Product Supplier by Apac Insider, the most Innovative Multi-disciplinary Australian Design Firm from Lux Life and both Spectrum and Axolotl Paints were a finalist in the ADEX awards.
We are already working on new projects and products that will be debuted in 2019 as we continue our commitment to being ‘The Future of Surface’.
Axolotl will be closed from Friday 21st December and will reopen Monday 7th January.